My Journey to Become a Part Time Student

              Hi. My name is Nur Salasiyah Binti Walgif and I would like to  share my journey to become a part time student by this post. I’m 21 years old and I have four siblings. My father is a contractor and my mom is a housewife. Now, I’m working at a legal firm office and a part time student at University  Kebangsaan Malaysia. 

              My life as a full time clerk and a part time student was a bit stress for me but I think it’s a good choice as I don’t want to stay at hostel as a full time student. It’s a bit frustrating when your parents want you to study as a full time student but you can’t fullfil their request. After I finished my SPM, I got an offer from Politeknik for Mechanical Engineering course but I rejected the offer as I’m continue my further studies as a STPM student.

                 I choose STPM because it’s only takes one and a half year to finish my studies then I can proceed my degree faster than someone who takes diploma. I’m also don’t have to take PTPTN so I can proceed my degree without debt with government. Unfortunately, my parents against me to study as a part time student because they scared that I can’t stable my life while working. I only get a moral support from my brother that time, I’m very down that my parents disagree with my decision.

                  After I finish my STPM on December 2017, I’m working at a boutique as my preparation to do a degree as a part time student. By the time the registration is open for degree, I was fired because my own colleague slander me. I’m so frustrated that time, I lost my work and I have to face with this kind of situation at my age was only 20 years old that time. Then, after a month I’m not working and I lost the opportunity to apply degree for the first sem, I got a call from legal firm to come for interview.

                    By that time, I’m so happy that I could avoid my parents decision to make me as a full time student. Unfortunately, on Saturday I have to work until 1pm. I’m so frustrated that time because I want to study only on weekend but I need to go for work. Then, I discuss with my boss that I planned to further my study and my class will be on weekend. I don’t expected that he support me to further my study and he said to me, “it’s okay Sal, I’m actually like a young people like you to further your study for your better future. Don’t come to work on Saturday and focus on your study. We don’t have choice as your timetable was very packed. You can come to work on weekdays and you can go to your class on weekend”.

                       For me, difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive. 

Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

District 21 IOI City Mall

Kyochon vs 4fingers

Taman Tasik Titiwangsa